Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Best Burger in the World.

It’s a headline that definitely catches my eye, especially when I see it in an ad for a São Paulo steakhouse/burger chain, Madero in the in-flight airline magazine (Travel geek alert: I love to read the magazines on the plane.  I quite often take them with me to remind myself of places to visit when I travel).  I could not pass up this opportunity to have the alleged best burger in the world, so I tracked down the restaurant today for lunch.  

I’ve seen a lot of places make this claim as I have been travelling around the past few years. I even saw a local chip truck call their burgers the best in the world in my hometown the other day and I’ve had some pretty fantastic burgers that haven’t made any such declarations but could certainly be in the running.

The restaurant was very busy even after 1 o’clock so they are obviously doing something right and the steaks coming out of the kitchen looked fantastic. I wish I had tried the burger and the steak but that seemed a little over the top, even in the name of Nuffield research.


The verdict?  It was an excellent burger, it would be right up there as one of the best burgers I’ve had….but the best in the world?  In my opinion, there would be some other contenders. So clever marketing ploy or legitimate claim?  I’m not sure.  But I do know it was a fantastic lunch and I’d go back there again and I suppose in the restaurant business, repeat customers are all that really matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment