Sunday, July 26, 2015

Opening Day at Palermo

Mascots
Exposition Rural 2015; La Rural; Palermo Show.  No matter what you call it, it is an event not to be missed in the Argentina agricultural calendar.  The best of the best are on display in Buenos Aires each July.  All I had to do was say I was headed to Buenos Aires this week around beef producers and they would say “Palermo”.  Even outside Argentina the show has a reputation .  Many Canadians are familiar with it and were Brazilians and Uruguayans who I spoke with.

I was there on opening day.  Not exactly the best time for cattle enthusiasts but by the time the Angus show starts next week I will be home in Ontario and I have one more country to visit first.  My reign as the queen of bad timing continues but I saw a lot and I always like to have a reason to come back and visit a country again.  

Not everyone is a lover of cattle shows I know; but there is something about the atmosphere at these events that I cannot get enough of.  The optimism, excitement and joy in the air is contagious.  I’ve attended a number of shows through my Nuffield travels and I've noticed it at all of them.  I believe expo's give a good impression of agriculture in the region.  The newest and best equipment is always on the display.  The very best livestock are prepared and presented and the people are always warm and like to chat.  

That's what I call a food truck!
I am also a believer in the good that Exhibitions do to promote agricultural awareness with our urban-living friends.  The agricultural community talks often of “bridging the gap” and “consumer education”, these exhibitions do just that.  It allows consumers to interact with the people who produce food especially livestock producers in a way that they are as excited to participate in as we are. 

For more information, visit www.exposicionrural.com.ar



The ring.


The Angus booth

No comments:

Post a Comment