Wednesday, April 30, 2014

See you again, Australia.

It has been a whirlwind three weeks since I arrived in Australia and a very long three weeks in other respects.  I have travelled thousands of miles across Australia by plane, train and automobile.  I have learned about beef from hoof to hook; auction markets, branded beef programs and the show ring, about pineapples, macadamias and roses.  I’ve also mastered the art of driving on the opposite side of the road (well no one is here to prove otherwise and for the record I was only honked at twice) and I have seen some of the iconic sites.  

The big Harbour Bridge, Sydney.

The Big Pineapple (very close to the Big Macadamia Nut)

The Big Cow; an Ayshire.

The Big Barrel, Bundaberg 
The Big Bottle

Big Gingerbread Man

The Big Mower

And another photo of the Big Rock. (Sorry Okotoks, there is no comparison)



Before this trip I thought "big" roadside attractions were a North American cultural phenomenon, I was very wrong.  Australia has been an incredible experience, I am wading my way through the Nuffield experience and getting better at navigating the waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment